Join us for a special evening: A live performance featuring Peter Buffett on piano, accompanied by the brilliant and gifted cellist, Michael Kott. With integrity and candor Buffett will take us on a musical journey of his life. This uplifting and rewarding evening will resonate with every audience member looking to lead a more fulfilling life and leave a meaningful legacy.
Buffett began his career writing music for commercials and has released 15 albums. He has collaborated with singer AKON to produce music to inspire others to take action and make a difference. His $1 billion NoVo Foundation is focused on the empowerment of women and girls around the world. Following the concert, Buffett will engage in a conversation with Elizabeth Lesser, author and founder of the Omega Institute on what it really means to make a difference in the lives of others.
Author, Composer, Emmy Award-winning Musician &
On the magical and mysterious date of 11/11/11, Peter Buffett returns to The ACADEMi of Life to share another magical evening in Concert & Conversation.
You might think that having billionaire investor Warren Buffett as a father would lead to a life of endless privilege and leisure but his youngest son Peter quickly learned that even if you are fortunate to come from a wealthy family nothing can replace achieving your own successes.
And, he has done just that! If you missed him before, don’t miss him this time! With humility and candor Buffett takes us on an intimate journey of his life sharing his deep respect for the well being of others. His profound storytelling and meaningful music will leave you deeply moved and inspired. Buffett is a truly spiritual man who uses “his gift of music to be the voice of those who don’t have a voice.”
- We were all struck by Peter's deep humility and I am still imagining his father in his bathrobe with a ham sandwich. - Diane McArter
- I was telling my colleagues how powerfully Peter Buffett is using his gift of music to be the voice of those who don't have a voice...truly inspiring! - Meredith Hawkins
- Had I known it was going to be this special evening I would have told the world about it - Elizabeth & Kathleen
- Fabulous!!! The Peter Buffett program last night was uniquely powerful, beautiful, moving and memorable! - Mindy Goodfriend
- Attended a concert & conversation with Peter Buffett. What an enjoyable and inspiring evening! I loved his music, soulful and heartfelt. It's amazing how normal and grounded he is being a Buffett. - Angela Liu
- Thank you for a fun and inspirational evening! I came home and showed my daughter Peter's videos on You Tube and then I watched Dances with Wolves last night!! - Richard Zimmerman
"While making money has always been, and always will be cool, making a difference and making money is even cooler." - Daria Meoli, NY Report
November 11, 2011
7:00 pm (doors open at 6:30)
The New York Society for Ethical Culture
2 West 64th Street
New York, NY 10023
Final Advance Rate & at the door $125
The book "Life Is What You Make It" by Peter Buffett will be available for purchase at the event
'Peter Buffett has given us a wise and inspiring book that should be required reading for every young person seeking to find his or her place in the world, and for every family hoping to give its daughters and sons the best possible start in life.'
– Bill Clinton
Moderator: ELIZABETH LESSER:
Following Buffett’s performance a conversation will be moderated by Elizabeth Lesser, cofounder and senior advisor of Omega Institute. Lesser is a New York Times best-selling author of The Seeker’s Guide and Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow. For over three decades, she has worked with leading figures in the field of healing self and society and is a host on Oprah Radio on Sirius XM. Her recent work includes helping Oprah Winfrey to produce the 10-week “webinar” for Eckhart Tolle’s book, A New Earth.